Joseph H. Beale obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree from Boston University, graduating cum laude and becoming a member of the Golden Key International Honor Society. He holds a law degree from the American University Washington College of Law.
After obtaining his law degree, Mr. Beale opened his own practice in Arlington County, where he specialized in criminal defense, traffic cases and juvenile law. He quickly became one of Fairfax County’s leading legal advocates for children who were involved in abuse and neglect, contested custody or divorce proceedings.
Following his solo practice, he joined Legal Services of Northern Virginia and was a member of the firm’s family law task force for three years, representing indigent clients who were often victims of domestic violence. For the next 10 years, Mr. Beale was employed by Regan Associates, Chartered, in Washington, D.C., and expanded his practice areas beyond family law to include immigration, bankruptcy (Chapters 7 and 13), personal injury, landlord-tenant law, consumer law, and wills, trusts and estates.
Prior to launching Joseph H. Beale, Attorney At Law, PLLC, in Aldie and Herndon, he was employed by a prestigious boutique firm in Falls Church establishing a family law practice for the firm. Whether representing a client charged with a serious criminal offense, an asylum seeker facing deportation, an abused child or a battered spouse separating from her husband, Mr. Beale has demonstrated time and again that he is a tenacious, effective, and caring advocate and litigator.
Mr. Beale has an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell. The AV Preeminent rating is the highest level of attorney peer rating. It signifies that his peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence for his legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards. Only an elite group of approximately 10 percent of all attorneys have been given an AV Preeminent Rating. Martindale-Hubbell's prestigious rating system has been in use and trusted for more than 130 years.
Mr. Beale is a member of the District of Columbia and Virginia bars. In addition, he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit. His professional activities have included membership on the Citizens’ Advisory Council to the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court of Fairfax County and in the American Immigration Lawyers Association. He is an avid swimmer and spends his free time with his wife and two children in Loudoun County.
- Family Law
- Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- Juris Doctor
- Boston University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Golden Key National Honor Society, Member
- Virginia, 1993
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court of Fairfax County, Citizens Advisory Counsel
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Top 10 Attorney (Virginia), National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2017 and 2020-2021
- Top 100 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Virginia, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Legal Services of Northern Virginia, Inc.
- John A. Boneta and Associates, PLLC